Why choose our BSc (Hons) Business Management with E-commerce degree?
This degree enables you to develop management skills and make informed decisions within areas of business and e-commerce. It also equips you with the digital marketing skills that many employers now require in managerial roles:
- Ideal balance of management and technical knowledge and skills, required to manage successfully within technological environments
- A focus on online enterprise and digital businesses
- An understanding of business to customer (B2C) and business to business (B2B) environments
- Consultancy project, working with real businesses through our ‘Formation Zone’
- Communication skills, team work, presentation and analysis
- Option to gain the Digital Marketing Institute (DMI) professional qualification based on taught modules
Where will this degree take me?
This degree is designed to equip you with the skills necessary when seeking a position as a leader in the field of e-commerce. You will gain an in-depth knowledge of the fundamentals of consumer behaviour, digital marketing, online marketspace, communications and management that is invaluable to employers within business related sectors. It is the foundation to you gaining a role in e-commerce and opens the door to work in all industries with an online presence.
What will I learn?
The programme is designed to enhance self-reflection and personal development. The three stages of the programme are designed to facilitate increasingly challenging learning techniques as students’ progress.
- At stage zero: embarking on the Foundation course will be the stepping stone towards achieving the degree in which your strengths can be realised. The first semester is the same for all students however in the second semester a choice of two further elective modules will be chosen to prepare for the degree you will be commencing.
- At stage one: students will focus on the principles and fundamentals of core management and the context of e-commerce.
- At stage two: students focus on using their knowledge of business management to build their skills capacity and to model the required behaviour of professional managers within e-commerce.
- At stage three: students critically analyse and evaluate the effectiveness of various models of management and e-commerce practice that contribute to driving organisational performance.
To read more about each module in detail for this programme click here
Please see the module specification for further details; note that the specification represents the latest modules and may be subject to change.
- Semester 1 English for academic purposes, Numeracy 1, Introduction to Computer Skills, Effectiveness in the Business World
- Semester 2 English for Academic Purposes 2, Numeracy 2 Elective Modules (choose two) Understanding Accounting and Finance, Understanding Human Resources Management, Understanding Law, Understanding Management, Understanding Marketing and Events, Understanding Mathematics in Economic Environment’s, Understanding Oil and Gas, Understanding Technology, Understanding Travel and Tourism
Three and two-year degrees:
- Semester 1: Academic Skills, Management and Organisations, and Marketing and Communications
- Semester 2: E-Commerce in context, Professional Skills, and Financial and Economic Literacy for Managers
- Semester 3: Employability Skills, Consumer Behaviour and Customer Insights, and Digital Marketing (dual accredited)*
- Semester 4: Project/Placement Design and Implementation, and Evaluation and Reflection (Work Based/Related Learning)
- Semester 5: Emerging Themes, Managing an Online Portfolio, and Digital Strategy
- Semester 6: Strategic Marketing and Planning, Starting and Online Enterprise, Social Enterprise, Creative Thinking and Problem Solving, and Capstone Project (Dissertation/Consultancy Project/ Work Based Learning)
*Students have the opportunity to gain a professional qualification whilst the Digital Marketing module through registering with the DMI (£300 fee) and minimum of 40% pass.
Please see the programme specification for further details on this programme; note that the specification represents the latest programme structure and may be subject to change.
Applicants will normally be 18 years of age* on registration and hold one of the following (or international equivalents):
- 2 A Levels (A*-E, 32 UCAS points); New UCAS entry tariff for 2017 explained
- GSM London’s Foundation Year programme (with a minimum of 120 credits);
- Equivalent qualifications (subject to University of Plymouth approval) including: BTEC National Certificate/Diploma, Advanced Level Diploma, HNC/D, Access to HE, International Baccalaureate, Irish/Scottish Highers/Advanced
If your you are not a UK passport holder, or a UK passport holder born outside of the UK and not born in a country that appears on the published list, you may need to complete an English language test, such as the in-house GSM London English Language Proficiency Test or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) test, to demonstrate you have the language skills needed to complete your degree. All of our programmes are taught in English. Once you submit your application to GSM London the Admissions team will assess it. Should your application be successful and if an English Language Test is required it will appear as a condition of offer.
You will need an IELTS score of 6.0, 5.5 in all four components (listening, reading, speaking and writing) or equivalent qualification.
Further details on English Language requirements are provided here.
*Candidates who are under 18 on registration will need to review our policy on under 18’s: Young or Vulnerable Applicants
If you do not meet the standard entry requirements, listed above, you may be able to be considered on your individual merits via our non-standard entry process.
To be considered you will need to be able to demonstrate/pass:
- A fully completed and up to date CV
- Evidence of at least 1 year of full-time work experience
- A signed and stamped work reference
- Academic interview (if required)
- Written essay (if required)
In such cases, the Admissions Team must be satisfied that the applicant has the necessary potential, knowledge or experience and motivation to follow the programme successfully.
Candidates who do not meet the requirements as listed above maybe able to apply for our Foundation Year programme.
On successful completion of the Foundation Year, you will gain direct entry on to this degree programme.
Minimum two year professional work experience in a relevant field for consideration of direct entry.
Accreditation of prior learning:
Partial exemptions from an undergraduate programme may be obtained in accordance with the Academic Regulations dependent on the compatibility of previous study. Each case is considered on its own merit and will be, subject to the approval by University of Plymouth.
You may be required to provide an academic reference and/or personal statement.
We will not normally consider APL’s older than 3 years unless the applicant has a recent experiential learning.
Please see Advanced Standing and Exemptions Based on Recognition of Other Learning for further details.
- 2 years, *£8,000 per year
- 3 years, *£6,000 per year
- 2 years, *£12,750 per year
- 3 years, *£8,500 per year
At Level 5 on some of our degree programmes the Digital Marketing Strategy (DMKT5008) module is either a core or an elective option. Students undertaking this module receive all the teaching required for the Digital Marketing Institute Diploma. In order to receive the certificate, students will be required to pay the additional administration and certification fee of £300. Please note that students will need to pass the assessment of this module to receive the Diploma. This fee is not covered by Student Loan Funding.
Payment of the full fee is required before teaching commences. Payment plans are available, contact us for more details.
For students to be eligible for SLC funding, they must be studying a designated degree programme. Degrees at GSM London are designated each year by the Department for Education. We have made an application for this degree programme to also be designated for the 2018-19 academic year. Visit www.hefce.ac.uk/reg/desig/cdforstudents/ for more information.
Apply direct to GSM London
You can apply directly to GSM London by completing our online application form >.
Applications can also be submitted in person at one of our campuses:
Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm.You can do this by booking a meeting with a course advisor >.
You'll need to include the following documents with your application form:
- Originals of your qualifications
- Your CV
- One written reference from an employer or place of study
- A copy of your passport
Programmes will run subject to minimum number of enrolments.
Apply through UCAS
You can apply through UCAS by visiting the www.UCAS.com
UCAS Code Information
Institution Code Name: GSM London
Institution Code: G74
- Two year accelerated
- Two year extended (with Foundation Year)
- Three year
- Three year extended (with Foundation Year)
Once we receive your application form and supporting documents, we will assess your application and if successful, we will issue you an offer letter detailing your enrolment date, programme cost and duration.
We will usually be in contact with you within two working days. For any questions or queries please contact email@example.com.
Programmes will run subject to minimum number of enrolments
Registration and enrolment
Once we receive your fully completed application form and supporting documents, we will assess your application. If successful, we will issue you an offer letter detailing programme cost and duration.
If you choose to accept the offer you will need to return the acceptance form to the Admissions Team and agree and sign the Terms and conditions (standard student contract). Once you have accepted your place you will be offered an induction date to commence your studies. This will be detailed in your acceptance letter.