GSM London’s Centre for Work Based Learning and Professional Programmes is proud to offer graduates of GSM London the opportunity to participate in a paid learning programme which provides experience in professional teaching and academic management.
By offering a work-based learning approach, you will gain an understanding of the higher education sector and working practices in academia. Furthermore, you will become a skilled influencer and effective practitioner with the ability to launch a career as a higher education lecturer. The programme is full-time and runs for 18 months; participants will be paid £20,000 per annum.
Teaching Fellows will shadow and learn from experienced lecturers; support the research, design and delivery of modules; participate in assessment; provide personal tutoring and contribute to the continuous development of GSM London. Besides experiential career development, you will also have the opportunity to work towards an accredited qualification which will prepare you for an academic career in higher education.
Major benefits of the programme include:
- Enhanced potential for career progression
- Develop transferable work-based analytical, research and management skills
- Develop expertise within your chosen field
- Improve your professional effectiveness and employability in the profession
- To gain experience whilst being financially supported
- Full support of GSM London managers and colleagues