GSM London creating business leaders of tomorrow
GSM London is creating the entrepreneurs of tomorrow by helping its students; alumni and the wider local community build and develop new start-up companies through the launch of its new Formation Zone initiative.
Working with partners from across London’s business community the project, which is the first of its kind in the capital, combines a business incubator, innovation centre, and enterprise education facility all under one roof. It launches at GSM London on Wednesday 10th February.
GSM London Provost, Debi Hayes, says: “Having a great idea for a business is just the beginning; actually building it from scratch can be a daunting task, especially if you’re a recent graduate or someone who doesn’t have any business background.
“That is where The Formation Zone can help. It’s an excellent concept that will no doubt help our diverse, entrepreneurial students develop the skills and knowledge that are essential for creating innovative business, and becoming the successful entrepreneurs of tomorrow.”
Working with partners such as The London Business Support Service; West London Business; The Hounslow Chamber of Commerce; and Business Law Online, the Formation Zone will offer a range of services to would-be entrepreneurs. Through GSM London’s ‘Enterprise Hub’ students and people from the local community will be able to access services such as:
- Business counselling and needs analysis
- One-to-one support from a Business Mentor
- Workshops on relevant business topics, such as business registration, accountancy and finance, business law, marketing, e-commerce, IP protection, business growth etc.
- Incubation packages (including Virtual Incubation)
- Access to a wide range of business support services
- Business networking events
It will also provide opportunities for professional courses and qualifications aimed specifically at the business community. The Formation Zone model is an award-winning concept developed by Plymouth University and will be available across GSM London’s two campuses in Greenford, West London, and Greenwich, South East London.
Paul Moran, GSM London’s Formation Zone Manager, said: “The Plymouth Formation Zone is an ideal model for our needs and aspirations at GSM London. In particular, we have a highly entrepreneurial student and alumni community so we wish to ensure they can access appropriate support for the development of innovative, growth-oriented enterprises.”
GSM London offers degree courses in a range of business and management subjects accredited by Plymouth University. The Formation Zone is the latest development in the strong relationship between two the institions.
Formation Zone Programme Manager at Plymouth University, Eleanor Browne, said: “We are delighted to be supporting GSM London in setting up their own Formation Zone business incubator. This is an exciting time for start-ups and this is the start of a bigger and more diverse global Formation Zone community. We’re looking forward to our local entrepreneurs learning from their peers in London and vice versa. After putting in a lot of hard work, we are delighted that GSM London is our first licenced partner.”
For further information please contact:
T: 07557 163744 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to editors
- GSM London is a limited company registered in England and Wales with registered number 01443436. The company’s registered office is at Meridian House, Royal Hill, Greenwich, London SE10 8RD.
- GSM London is an established provider of higher education for people at all career levels. Its business degrees are accredited by Plymouth University, one of the top ten modern universities in the UK and a national leader for teaching excellence. GSM London has two main campuses at Greenford and Greenwich.
- For more information on the work of GSM London, please visit http://www.gsm.org.uk.