Family Life

As a full-time student in Higher Education, if you have children and or a dependent then you may be entitled to additional financial support in the form of grants, such as the childcare grant. In order to receive this type of funding you must be eligible to receive student finance. Should you qualify, the grant will be paid on top of your student finance payments and does not need to be paid back.

Additionally, if you are struggling to find childcare out of school hours your local council is able to provide information on childcare options available near you. There are a number of breakfast clubs, homework clubs and after-school clubs on offer. Find childcare options out of school hours by clicking here.