Our featured degree articles have proven very popular here at the GSM London blog of late, so we have duly decided to bring you another great profile of one of our most popular degree courses. From our guide to the BSc (Hons) Travel and Tourism, to what you can achieve with a law degree, we look to give all of our prospective and current students all the vital information they need to make the very best out of their qualifications.
Our Undergraduate Economics Programme is the course under the spotlight in our latest instalment as we take a look at exactly what this invaluable course involves and whether or not it could be perfect for you and your future career.
Why Do a Bachelor’s Degree In Economics?
There can be little doubt about it, an economics degree achieved at the highest level, will see your employability quite simply soar. Becoming a Bachelor of Economics not only provides you with one of the most respected qualifications available, but also teaches you so many transferable life skills, ones you will use no matter which sector you decide to pursue.
In addition to this, our course which is awarded by the University of Plymouth, has recently been updated with cutting edge new disciplines and modules, meaning it is utterly cotemporary and suitable for the digital age.
Why Opt for an Economics Degree with GSM London?
There is a myriad of reasons why we think our Economics course is head and shoulders above the rest, but the following criteria should give you some food for thought.
- An acute focus on data. The statistical analysis you will perform during a BSc (Hons) in Economics with GSM London will stand you in the best possible stead for your future career
- Field trips to reputable economic institutions such as the Bank of England will give you priceless experience of the most notable economic industries
- You will be taught by respected practitioners and specialists, many of whom are still involved in industry research
- You will learn to get to grips with all of the very latest industry software and tools, all of which are used by the big players in the economics sector
- Our teaching methods are utterly inclusive and also strength based, so you will learn with peers who are at your level of expertise
What Skills Will I Need for the Economics Degree?
If you have an aptitude for mathematics and a strong interest in the field of Economics, then the chances are that you will do very well on this course indeed. But aside from the more academic strengths required, you will need a curiosity of what makes this behemoth sector tick.
Have you ever found yourself wondering just how the recession of 2008 was able to happen or why the gender pay gap varies from sector to sector? If so, then you may well have the perfect psyche for this course. Add to that a good set of A-levels and the aforementioned academic attributes and you may well discover you are absolutely perfect for our Economics degree.
If this all sounds like it’s down your street and you have been pondering a career in Economics for some time, then why not get in touch with us today? We have a team of experts ready and waiting to discuss our Economics degree and how it can specifically help you. You can click here to find out more or just give us a call on 020 3797 4687.